Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Spot of Tea Anyone?

The other day I made a pot of tea, not just a cup, a whole pot of a very nice green tea. Alas, my teapot cannot keep up with my coffee pot which keeps my coffee piping for two hours. So, I set out on a quest to make a teapot cozy. I browsed through the fabrics at my local sewing store and came home with the only suitable kitchen quilting material I could find. A rooster pattern no less. I like roosters, at least I think I do. Don't have much contact with them but I do know they are early risers like me and they crow a lot, also like me. With that in common I set out to house and warm my teapot. What a simple project! And the result was miraculous. I made a pot of tea, covered it with my cozy and I had hot tea for two hours. I just love the simple things.





No comments:

Post a Comment